If you are looking for a genuine alternative to grass in London, you will probably have undertaken a lot of research and learned that there are a number of benefits. In the long term, the cost saving and being able to have more time to yourself are clear reasons why people are investing in artificial grass, but there are some instances and areas where artificial grass is the obvious solution.
Some areas where artificial grass has benefits over natural grass include:
- If you have a shaded area where it is difficult to grow grass
- If you have an area of grass that is used heavily
- Where you just don’t have the time, inclination or energy to maintain the grass in the manner that you should
If you have decided that artificial grass is the answer, you’ll find that there are a number of different options available to you. Where you are installing will depend on which grass you use. There is artificial grass in different lengths of pile, there are different textures and you can even find artificial grass in different shades of green. If you are keen to create a specific style at your property, the variety of artificial grass options will ensure that there is something for everyone. From artificial grass used for lawns to specialist artificial grass used for sporting activities such as croquet, bowling or putting, the possibilities are almost endless, perhaps only limited by your own budget or imagination.
The cost of artificial grass can be justified
When it comes to justifying expenditure on artificial grass, studies suggest that if you have a standard level of maintenance and upkeep for your lawn, you will recoup the cost of buying artificial grass and having it installed within a year and a half. When you consider this against the fact that artificial grass can last for twenty years, and comes with a minimum five years guarantee, this is a decision that is more than justifiable with respect to cost.
Some of the places where artificial grass can be used effectively include:
- On paths and even as doormats
- A more stylish and manageable decking flooring solution for patios
- Around any swimming pools, Jacuzzis or hot-tubs
- In an entrance porch or drying room at your property
There is also a lot to be said for the fact that artificial grass is an ideal surface for play. If you have kids at home and you want to create a safe and welcoming play area, installing artificial grass will meet your needs. Many homeowners find that laying artificial grass directly onto surfaces such as tarmac, slabs or concrete makes an area much safer while minimising the cost of transforming the area. Ideally you would lay your artificial grass on a prepared surface but depending on time or budget, this is a solution that can work with your circumstances as opposed to you having to undergo a major overhaul of your home or property.
It is always of benefit to reiterate the key benefits of artificial grass and if you are considering this option, the following features are on offer:
- Artificial grass looks like real grass
- You can prevent mud and clippings being dragged into your home
- Artificial grass offers a safe and clean surface
- Artificial grass is an ideal surface for socialising
- Artificial grass requires very little maintenance
- With artificial grass, you don’t need to mow the lawn, deal with weeds or spend money on garden maintenance products